LIVINGSTON COUNTY SHERIFF
January 13, 2012
Sheriff Steve Cox
1. January 10 was Judge Tom Chapman’s Circuit Court Criminal Law Day in Livingston County. Our office transported 21 detainees to Court and returned a total of 29 people to the jail.
2. In compliance with Court orders to produce inmates to Court this week we made 2 trips to the following locations:
a. Department of Corrections in Moberly
b. Department of Corrections in Vandalia
c. Grundy County Jail
d. Adair County Jail
3. Over the last week we transported the following detainees to the Missouri Department of Corrections in either St. Joseph or Vandalia:
a. Dusty Kay Taylor, 23, Brookfield
b. Candace Sue McLuckie, 52, Columbia
c. Ashley Nicole (Allnut) Evans, 19, Marceline
d. Shawn Edward Dewitt, 36, Perrysville Ohio
e. Randy Schneider, 52, Chillicothe
f. Robert Joe Singer, 30, Chillicothe
g. Kailen Allen Volker, 25, Chillicothe
h. Erick Scott Manning, 20, Chillicothe
i. Kenneth Michael Tillson, 42, Springfield
j. Charles S. Henson, 21, Chillicothe.
4. On January 07, we served a Platte County arrest warrant on Deziree Dawn Collins, 18, Trenton for alleged failure to appear in Court on a child restraint violation. Ms. Collins posted $80.00 bond and was released.
5. We have identified a detainee who had been living in the southern part of Livingston County and should have been registering as a child offender and had not. Upon incarceration on other issue(s) we insisted the individual register and provide a DNA sample and the suspect has continually refused to comply until this morning. We have completed the investigation report and are submitting that information to Prosecuting Attorney Adam Warren for consideration of charges.
6. On January 11, we responded to a call of a man allegedly stealing scrap metal north west of Chillicothe. The deputies found a man with a trailer load of scrap metal. The man had allegedly trespassed onto private property and took some or all of the scrap metal. The suspect was interviewed and a report is being submitted to the prosecuting attorney.
7. On January 11, 2012 we assisted the Grundy County Sheriff with obtaining information on suspects who allegedly damaged grain bin(s) in Grundy County while allegedly stealing cooper. At the Grundy County Sheriff’s request we arrested Jason Eric Almond, 34, Chillicothe for the alleged property damage and theft. Mr. Almond was transferred to the custody of the Grundy County Sheriff.
8. On January 12th the Missouri State Highway Patrol, sheriff, and deputies responded to numerous weather related accidents in Livingston County. Some were significant accidents while the majority was one vehicle slide offs with no injury or property damage. Fortunately no one was seriously injured.
9. We are currently investigating an incident which allegedly took place in our jail last evening. A male detainee allegedly began harassing and yelling at detainee in a different cell area who may be a witness against him. A report will be submitted to the prosecuting attorney and action was taken to halt the aggressive behaviors.
10. We are currently investigating a report of property damage to a mail box and post on Liv 426. An unknown person or vehicle struck and destroyed the property. Investigation continues.
11. After transporting 10 inmates to prison and releasing others on court ordered probation, we currently have only 28 people in custody at the Livingston County Jail, 10 of which are female detainees. This is one of the lowest numbers of detainees we have held in quite some time.
12. This week we have remained very busy with criminal investigations, assisting other agencies, calls for service, assisting various fire departments on calls, jail and inmate issues, budget meetings, and Court security.
13. On Tuesday and Wednesday evening, Sheriff Cox attended the Utica and Wheeling town meetings where area information was exchanged.
14. If you have any information on these or other crimes then please call us at 660-646-0515.