- Area residents have reported receiving telephone calls from someone claiming to be sending them a new Medicare card and needing some additional information including banking information. The intended victims have not shared any information with the criminals and have done a good job in protecting their identity and banking information. One resident reported the male caller continued calling back multiple times being demanding in obtaining this information until she disclosed she was calling the sheriff; the scam artist abruptly hung up the telephone. We are hearing about a lot more scam artists being more proactive in their attempts to get your information through email, regular mail, phone calls, and even text messages. This is a good sign that many of these fraud and scam artists being forced to work much harder to create victims. Protect yourself from all types of people who want to rob you.
- The Livingston County Sheriff’s Office (LCSO) continues to receive numerous tips on area crimes and locations of wanted persons. We have shared much of this information with the agency(s) with jurisdiction. On 2-3-12 the Chillicothe Police were able to arrested Starla Maberry and Paige Shouse, both of which had been on our websites “Most Wanted” link. At least one of these ladies was found due to a call in tip.
Starla Maberry arrest photo Paige Shouse arrest photo
- On February 05, we extradited men wanted on Livingston County arrest warrants from the Buchanan County Sheriff.
- Grant Austin Smith, 21, Hamilton, on an alleged probation violation arrest warrant. Court has denied bond.
Grant A. Smith arrest photo
- Zachary Ryan Kerns, 24, Chillicothe, on alleged probation violation arrest warrant. Court has denied bond.
Zachery R. Kerns arrest photo
- On February 02, we served a Livingston County arrest warrant on Michael Andrew Butner, 51, KCMO for alleged class D felony DWI, persistent Offender, and bond was initially placed at $20,000.
Michael A. Butner arrest photo
- On February 04, we arrested Moses Miranda, 44, Chillicothe, on an investigation and Livingston County arrest warrant for alleged Domestic Assault 3rd Degree; bond was set at $1,000 and later posted.
Moses Miranda arrest photo
- On February 01, we began an investigation of property damage to a grave marker at the Cameron Cemetery in the south east part of Livingston County. Investigation continues.
- On February 02, we began an investigation of a reported dog attacking another dog in Wheeling and causing injury to the complainants pet.
- On February 05, we served a Livingston County arrest warrant on Gary Wayne Pridemore, 20, Chillicothe for alleged Domestic Assault 3rd degree. Mr. Pridemore remains incarcerated in the Livingston County Jail in lieu of $1,000 bond.
Gary W. Pridemore arrest photo
- The Livingston County Jail currently has 32 detainees in custody, 8 of which are female detainees.
- Remember the POWER UP Training for Women is fast approaching and the deadline for registration is Feb. 16. Please register at email@example.com or go to our website at www.livcoso.org and look under press releases on POWER UP or on the Things To Do link.