LIVINGSTON COUNTY SHERIFF
September 23, 2011
Sheriff Steve Cox
1. On September 14, we were summoned to the south west portion of the county regarding a suicidal person. Investigation resulted in the deputy taking an adult into custody for self protection and subsequently seeking professional help for that person with assistance from the family.
2. On September 14, Joel T. Kellison, 35, Chillicothe, surrendered to our office as he was wanted on a parole violation warrant.
3. On September 16, we transported 3 men to the Missouri Department of Corrections in St. Joseph:
a. Gregory M. Anderson, 41, Chillicothe, on new commitment for Distribution of Controlled Substance.
b. Henry Eugene Holcomb, 34, Gallatin, new commitment for passing bad checks.
c. Joel Tracy Kellison, 35, Chillicothe, on a parole violation warrant.
4. A local citizen recently was contacted on an apparent scam. The intended victim even spoke with the criminal on the telephone and noted the foreign accent of the suspect. Information was forwarded to the appropriate agency.
5. On September 18, we received a report of a lost or stolen white colored Pyrenees dog about 1 year old from a location on Liv 387. Investigation continues.
6. On September 19, we investigated a report of a vicious dog in Mooresville which was reported to have knocked a young girl off her bicycle, clawed her but did not bite the child. The deputy located the animal owner and he retrieved his dog with understanding it needed to be restrained. A report was submitted to the Livingston County Health Center as required by law.
7. On 09-20 we investigated 2 reports from an out of county resident that her child was with the father at his residence and the child was not being properly cared for. Both times the deputy reported finding no evidence to support the mothers claim. The report notes both parents are involved in a Court custody dispute.
8. On September 22, we transported Vicki Dawn Fields, 50, Chillicothe, to the Missouri Department of Corrections in Vandalia on a new commitment.
9. On Wednesday, we transported 12 detainees from the jail to Associate Law Day for Judge Valbracht.
10. Sheriff Cox recently attended the Wheeling Town meeting and Deputy Lightner and Cooksey attended the Chula Town meeting where area information was shared.
11. This week several LCSO 911 Dispatchers and 911 Coordinator attended Emergency Medical Dispatch training.
12. We are asking for public assistance with information on the location of 2 fugitives wanted on Livingston County Arrest Warrants, should you have any information, please call the LCSO at 660-646-0515 and your call may be anonymous:
a. Debby Jo Woodruff, 27, last known to reside in Wheeling, MO is wanted for alleged Probation Violation on original charge of class C felony possession of controlled substance. This originally began from an LCSO investigation of a methamphetamine lab in Wheeling Missouri. (ARRESTED)
b. Kevin L. Middaugh, 25, last known to reside in Chillicothe, is wanted for alleged Failure to Obey a judges Order on original convictions of Assault 3rd degree. Bond is $716.50 cash. (ARRESTED)
13. Currently we have only 35 people incarcerated in the Livingston County Jail, 7 of which are female detainees.